Olympic Steel is committed to Corporate Citizenship
Corporate Citizenship is one of our Core Values. Annually, each of Olympic Steel’s locations contribute to the communities in which our employees live and work in the form of cash donations, volunteer service, donated units of blood, and food and clothing drives, among a number of other initiatives.
Working For Wishes
In addition to individual divisional efforts, employees company-wide team up once a year in partnership with the Make-A-Wish Foundation® for an initiative known as “Working for Wishes.”
Olympic Steel’s company-wide partnership with the Make-A-Wish Foundation® began in 2004 as part of the company’s 50th Anniversary celebration. Employees selected the organization with the hope of granting a single wish, a $5,000 commitment. That first year, the company’s four-week fund-raising efforts far exceeded expectations, granting three wishes with a campaign total of $17,500.
With such overwhelming success, Olympic Steel’s annual “Working for Wishes” campaign was born.
Campaign Milestones and Successes
- To date, Olympic Steel has raised $937,000 and we hope to hit 1 Million Dollars soon!
- In 2016 Olympic Steel raised $90,414 to benefit our campaign.
- In 2015, Olympic Steel, including our Integrity Stainless and Chicago Tube & Iron subsidiaries, hit another milestone, marking the granting of the 100th wish. This milestone is an amazing testament to the employees commitment to Corporate Citizenship company-wide.
- In 2013, Olympic Steel celebrated a decade of giving.
- In 2012, employees set a campaign record, at the time, with $84,172 in donations. This remarkable accomplishment made it possible to grant 12 wishes.
- In 2011, Olympic Steel employees granted 12 wishes with $78,350 in donations.
- Olympic Steel was chosen as the 2011 “Distinguished Honoree” at the Greater Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky chapter’s annual “Big Wish Gala” event.
- In 2010, employees held their most successful campaign to date, granting nine wishes with $56,830 in donations, a $20,000 increase of the company’s previous record fund-raising year.
- In 2007, Olympic Steel experienced the honor of granting the 6000th wish for the Greater Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky chapter of the Make-A-Wish Foundation®.
Corporate Gifts and Donations
As a Corporation, Olympic Steel, Inc. makes significant contributions to various philanthropic organizations each year.