MICHAEL D. SIEGAL
Executive Chairman of the Board
Mr. Siegal joined Olympic Steel in 1974 and the Olympic Steel Board of Directors when the Company went public in 1984. That year, he also became Chief Executive Officer. In 1994, Mr. Siegal assumed the role of Chairman of the Board. During his time with Olympic, he has orchestrated seven acquisitions, three major expansions and three Greenfield startups. He also led the initial public offering in 1994, receiving the highest ever valuation of a steel company, and a secondary public offering in 1996. All totaled, Olympic Steel has grown from $35 million to more than $1.6 billion in revenues and seen marked improvement in its key performance and financial metrics under his leadership. Michael became Executive Chairman in January, 2019.
B.S. Education – Miami University
- Chair – Jewish Agency for Israel
- Board Member – Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. (NYSE: CLF)
- Board Member – Twin City Fan Companies, LTD.
- Former Chairman, Board of Trustees – Jewish Federations of North America
- Former Chair and current Board Member – Development Corporation for Israel