Stronger Together – Our Commitment to Our Employees
We want our teams to reflect the diverse communities where we live and work. We’re building a culture that strives to acknowledge and overcome bias and cultivates leaders who value, support and celebrate diversity of thought and perspective. It’s important that our employees feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Unique insights and experiences are what fuel our safe, profitable growth. Because, we’re stronger together.
- Labor law compliance: We comply with all federal, state and local labor laws and regulations. The use of child labor is expressly prohibited. We employ individuals exclusively within the United States and utilize a small number of contract workers in Mexico.
- Equal employment opportunity: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to attracting, engaging, developing and retaining a diverse group of individuals that reflects the communities in which we live, work and support our customers.
We believe diversity is essential to accelerate the safe and profitable growth of Olympic Steel and will not tolerate discrimination of any kind based on gender, race, age, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. Our employment policies are posted at: https://olysteel.com/employment/employment-notices/.
Programs & Support for Our Employees
Click here for an overview of benefits, services and programs we offer to our employees, including:
- Employee Surveys and other recurring opportunities to provide feedback to and communicate with Olympic Steel Leadership
- Educational Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), featuring discounted services and free support resources
- The Sol Siegal Scholarship Program for the children and dependents of Olympic Steel employees
- Meaningful internship opportunities
- Access to scholarships for employees and their children offered through Olympic Steel’s benefits programs and partnerships in metals and manufacturing industry
- Paid training, professional and leadership development and certification opportunities
- Incentive and recognition programs at all levels of the business
- Referral bonuses