- Name: Will Taylor
- Hometown: Solon, OH
- College or University: Duquesne University
- Major: Supply Chain Management & Finance
- Year: 4th
- Position at Olympic Steel: Supply Chain Management Intern
Special Intern Project:
I created a daily scorecard that tracks key performance metrics of the company’s specialty metals supply chain. These metrics include all ripples throughout our supply chain from our on-order positions with suppliers, to current and aged inventory levels and sales data. I visualized the data through graphs and tables so that we can dig into the details to investigate from a divisional and company-wide level. This daily report offers the specialty metals segment a new way to hone-in our supply chain management metrics and identify positive and negative trends ahead of time in an industry with a very dynamic and actively changing supply chain. The daily scorecard has now become a daily report analyzed by the corporate specialty metals team and will track future operations of the segment.
Why did you choose to intern for Olympic Steel?
- The industry fascinates me, and although big-tech companies are on the rise, industrial America is still alive and well.
What do you hope to accomplish during your time here at Olympic Steel?
- To expand my knowledge about the steel industry and to understand the flow of materials through the supply chain along with the financial transactions taking place behind them.
What do you like to do in your free time?
- Watch sports and exercise.
What is your proudest moment so far?
- Being invited into Beta Gamma Sigma, the International Business Honor Society
What is your favorite quote?
- “Persistence.” – Calvin Coolidge
Three words to describe me are:
- Driven, Fun, Empathetic