- Name: Scott Kalthoff
- Hometown: Shoreview, MN
- College or University: University of St. Thomas
- Major: Accounting
- Year: 4th
- Position at Olympic Steel: Accounting Intern
Special Intern Project:
My project involved a fixed asset review of the Minneapolis divisions, including depreciation, to determine if the asset could be removed from the list. I communicated with managers and other employees to find out more about each asset and if they are still being used. Part of the project was formatting the list of these assets in an Excel spreadsheet and including more detailed descriptions of them.
Why did you choose to intern for Olympic Steel?
- I chose to intern for Olympic Steel because I wanted to gain accounting experience and there are a lot of career opportunities in the steel industry.
What do you hope to accomplish during your time here at Olympic Steel?
- I hope to learn more about accounting through my experiences and also meet many people in my office!
What do you like to do in your free time?
- Mainly outdoor activities like biking, running, fishing, and playing basketball.
What is your proudest moment so far?
- Winning a data analytics competition in April.
What is your favorite quote?
- “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”- Kevin Durant
Three words to describe me are:
- Determined, Funny, Reliable