- Name: Sam Predmore
- Hometown: Carlisle, PA
- College or University: University of Pittsburgh
- Major: Industrial Engineering
- Year: 3rd
- Position at Olympic Steel: Process Technician Intern
Special Project Description:
My project was to increase awareness of production efficiencies and inefficiencies through measured data. Through increased awareness, corrections can be evaluated to make process improvements. To help my division meet capacity requirements for their customers, I used tools such as overall equipment effectiveness, time studies, ration delay studies and a time tracking analysis (spreadsheet) to evaluate production efficiencies and overall equipment.
Why did you choose to intern for Olympic Steel?
- I chose to intern for Olympic Steel because they had an opportunity for me to expand my knowledge as an industrial engineering student, close to home, with a company I trust.
What do you hope to accomplish during your time here at Olympic Steel?
- I hope to learn about the work of industrial engineers in a manufacturing setting, and that my work will be able to improve the processes in place at this location.
What do you like to do in your free time?
- I like to run, and I’m currently teaching myself to play the bass.
What is your proudest moment so far?
- My proudest moment was speaking with Mr. Marabito, learning about him and his vision for the company.
What is your favorite quote?
- “If you ain’t first, you’re last” – Ricky Bobby (movie “Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby”)
Three words to describe me are:
- Real Good Looking