- Name: Noah Braun
- Hometown: Solon, OH
- College or University: The Ohio State University
- Major: Finance
- Year: 3rd
- Position at Olympic Steel: Accounting Intern
Special Intern Project:
I created a “plug-n-play” feature in the GAAP calculation spreadsheet(s) to identify cost fluctuations for increases in wages. With essentially half the year behind us, I needed to review our machine costing rates to verify that they’re still accurate. I also had a daily routine which consisted of making a current position report (a financial prediction based on where we stand for the month) and an open orders report that I would send out to sales representatives and management. Sales representatives would then send me updates throughout the day and I made proper adjustments. Lastly, I provided several reports that aid in the decision-making process for management.
Why did you choose to intern for Olympic Steel?
- I chose Olympic Steel because of the opportunity and experience that I can gain.
What do you hope to accomplish during your time here at Olympic Steel?
- I want to gain experience in the accounting/finance department.
What do you like to do in your free time?
- Watch Netflix
What is your proudest moment so far?
- My senior year I tore my ACL and was given a 20% chance to finish the soccer season before surgery. I worked extremely hard throughout physical therapy and accomplished my goal of returning back to the field.
What is your favorite quote?
- “Strive for greatness.”- LeBron James
Three words to describe me are:
- Hard-working, Leader, Driven