- Name: Jack Bredy
- Hometown: Wheaton, IL
- College or University: Michigan State University
- Major: Finance
- Year: 1st
- Position at Olympic Steel: Accounting Intern
Why did you choose to intern for Olympic Steel?
- I heard that Olympic Steel is a great company with so many great people.
What do you hope to accomplish during your time here at Olympic Steel?
- I hope to learn more about different positions within the company and decide what suits my attributes the best to aid my decision in which career path I ultimately want to pursue.
What do you like to do in your free time?
- Play sports and spend time outside in the sun.
What is your proudest moment so far?
- Winning state for Hockey.
What is your favorite quote?
- “Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward-how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!” ― Rocky Balboa (movie “Rocky”)
Three words to describe me are:
- Focused, Friendly, Caring