- Name: Gracen Smith
- Hometown: Allen, TX
- College or University: University of Arkansas
- Major: Supply Chain Management
- Year: 3rd
- Position at Olympic Steel: Purchasing Intern
Special Intern Project:
I worked alongside Dave Engelhardt, Purchasing Manager, for Action Stainless. I have acquired many different skills during my time here, such as learning to purchase vendor materials required for daily operations and book trucks through logistic brokers. I also learned purchasing logistics by making sure purchase orders were printed to the right shipping locations.
Why did you choose to intern for Olympic Steel?
- I chose an internship at Action Stainless & Alloys because I could gain insight and experience with a career I could potentially pursue after college. Action Stainless seemed like a good fit for me with all the different opportunities to broaden my knowledge of operating and maintaining a successful supply chain.
What do you hope to accomplish during your time here at Olympic Steel?
- I hope to learn all the ins and outs of the supply chain within the stainless steel industry, along with the purchasing aspect as well.
What do you like to do in your free time?
- I love to watch college football, take road trips with friends and watch Netflix.
What is your proudest moment so far?
- Acquiring this internship
What is your favorite quote?
- “She believed she could, so she did.” – R.S. Grey
Three words to describe me are:
- Determined, Loyal, Sociable