- Name: Gabrielle Gick
- Hometown: Cincinnati, OH
- College or University: The Ohio State University
- Major: Marketing
- Year: 4th
- Position at Olympic Steel: Corporate Communications Intern
Special Intern Project:
I developed an Internship Spotlight page on our website. I collected information, developed the content and promoted the new page with supporting communication. I also completed a History Mapping / Archival of Company history. I interviewed the former President and CEO of Olympic Steel, Mr. Michael Siegal. Through this interview, I was able to gain leadership insights on pivotal moments and build a timeline that highlights important events throughout our Company’s history.
Why did you choose to intern for Olympic Steel?
- I chose to work for Olympic Steel because I was excited about where the marketing and communications department was headed. They had a lot of exciting projects and campaigns developed for this internship position that would give me a lot of experience in the marketing realm. I could tell I would be doing real projects and get to facilitate my own campaigns from start to finish.
What do you hope to accomplish during your time here at Olympic Steel?
- I hope to successfully execute a variety of marketing campaigns from start to finish, while gaining valuable experiences I can take with me throughout my career.
What do you like to do in your free time?
- I like to watch sports, travel, play soccer and spend time with friends and family.
What is your proudest moment so far?
- I think my proudest moment was being elected Vice President of Human Resources on the Executive Board for my business fraternity on campus.
What is your favorite quote?
- “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” -Ferris Bueller (movie “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”)
Three words to describe me are:
- Ambitious, Outgoing, Personable